You’ve seen the magazine covers of the guy or girl with the slim build and ridiculous abs. What do they do to get and keep those bodies? Healthy living starts with a decision to make better lifestyle choices. With these five doable steps anyone can transform themselves into the best they have ever been.
- Breathe. Taking ten minutes out of your day will get you going in the right direction for improved health. Incorporating a few moments into your schedule helps the body release toxins and tension, reduce pain, increase energy, improve digestion and posture, strengthen the immune system, and more.
- Light exercise. Improving your health with physical exercise does not require a membership to the latest cross fit studio. Healthy living can be as simple as going for a walk, or bike ride. Both will burn calories and improve blood flow. In addition to that, exercise helps to control your weight, reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, Type 2 Diabetes, certain cancers, and can even improve your mental health.
- Make better food choices. You don’t have to become a vegetarian or vegan to improve your health. By making small adjustments to your diet, you will start to see and feel the difference within days. Skip the soda and fries, or better yet avoid fast food all together. Order a grilled chicken sandwich instead of that cholesterol-choked burger, or substitute a bag of low-sodium chips for the greasy alternative. If you can’t do natural fruits and veggies, get the benefits of these nutrient rich foods in a smoothie.
- Stand up at your desk and stretch. Your mood will change, your posture will improve, and your productivity will increase.
- Go to bed! Apart from feeling like a better you tomorrow morning, getting good sleep has been proven to reduce chronic pain and other serious health problems such as heart attacks and obesity. Good shut-eye also improves memory, reduces bad moods, sharpens decision making, and can even enhance your sex life.